Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager - Registrations & Passwords

We have recently brought in a frequent change password policy in our
company. However whenever I change my password I lose all my registrations,
and it is getting annoying now. Is there anyway around this ?
Can you use Windows security mode - a trusted connection from EM?
Dejan Sarka, SQL Server MVP
Associate Mentor
Solid Quality Learning
More than just Training
www.SolidQualityLearning.com
"Paul Farnell" <paulfarnell@.hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:ua419GITEHA.1732@.TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl...
> We have recently brought in a frequent change password policy in our
> company. However whenever I change my password I lose all my
registrations,
> and it is getting annoying now. Is there anyway around this ?
>
|||Check the following Knowledge Base article:
FIX: Registered remote servers disappear from SQL Enterprise
Manager in Windows XP when user password is changed
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323280
-Sue
On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:22:56 +0100, "Paul Farnell"
<paulfarnell@.hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have recently brought in a frequent change password policy in our
>company. However whenever I change my password I lose all my registrations,
>and it is getting annoying now. Is there anyway around this ?
>
|||Thankyou Sue, this appears to be the fix I was after.
"Sue Hoegemeier" <Sue_H@.nomail.please> wrote in message
news:7on8c0176eialubluh4uaids6nkii0tbk1@.4ax.com... [vbcol=seagreen]
> Check the following Knowledge Base article:
> FIX: Registered remote servers disappear from SQL Enterprise
> Manager in Windows XP when user password is changed
> http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323280
> -Sue
> On Mon, 7 Jun 2004 12:22:56 +0100, "Paul Farnell"
> <paulfarnell@.hotmail.com> wrote:
registrations,
>

No comments:

Post a Comment