Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager (Import Data) - DTS Error

I created a new database in Enterprise Manager and then attempted to import
data into this new database from an existing database via the "import data"
option. This launches the Data Transformation Services Import/Export Wizard
. I select the data source
. I select the destination. I select 'Copy table(s) and view(s) from sourc
e database." I select all tables. I select the 'run immediatedly' option.
When I click the 'Finish' button, I receive the following message in a mess
age box entitled 'Initializ
e Com:"
Could not create an instance of the DTS Package.
Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? This is SQL Server 2000, SP3.Problem solved. I installed SP3a and import/export works fine now.
"Ross Russell" wrote:

> I created a new database in Enterprise Manager and then attempted to import data i
nto this new database from an existing database via the "import data" option. This
launches the Data Transformation Services Import/Export Wizard. I select the data s
our
ce. I select the destination. I select 'Copy table(s) and view(s) from sou
rce database." I select all tables. I select the 'run immediatedly' option
. When I click the 'Finish' button, I receive the following message in a me
ssage box entitled 'Initial
ize Com:"
> Could not create an instance of the DTS Package.
> Can anyone tell me what may be wrong? This is SQL Server 2000, SP3.

No comments:

Post a Comment