Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enterprise Manager Date format has changed

I am not sure how this even changed but...

Until just recently when I went into any database and listed stored
procedures I could list by the date which was in the format: mm/dd/yyyy.
This allowed me to find the most recent stored procedures as they could be
sorted to the top.

Somehow the date has been changed to: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss:kkk
(Okay I didn't know what to use for milli second, I used K's ;)

You would think that I could still sort by date and get the newest to the
top, oldest to the bottom. I can't. Something has changed the date format,
and while I can click on the data bar and change the order from ascending to
descending, it does not appear to be sorting by the date so it does me no
good.

Does anyone know:

a) how to fix this
b) what could have happened to break it?

Thanks."Sandy" <sandy@.murdocks.on.ca> wrote in message
news:92822120.0504060450.1890eeab@.posting.google.c om...
>I am not sure how this even changed but...
> Until just recently when I went into any database and listed stored
> procedures I could list by the date which was in the format: mm/dd/yyyy.
> This allowed me to find the most recent stored procedures as they could be
> sorted to the top.
> Somehow the date has been changed to: yyyy-mm-dd hh:mm:ss:kkk
> (Okay I didn't know what to use for milli second, I used K's ;)
> You would think that I could still sort by date and get the newest to the
> top, oldest to the bottom. I can't. Something has changed the date format,
> and while I can click on the data bar and change the order from ascending
> to
> descending, it does not appear to be sorting by the date so it does me no
> good.
> Does anyone know:
> a) how to fix this
> b) what could have happened to break it?
> Thanks.

I have no idea, except to guess that your regional settings may have
changed - I assume that EM would use them to determine date and time
formats. You might also want to check that you've installed SP3 on your
client as well.

For what it's worth, there are a couple of previous posts about similar
issues in the group archives (Google "sql enterprise manager sort date"),
but unfortunately it looks like no one ever found a good
explanation/solution.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment