Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enterprise Manager driving me CRAZY!

Hi,
I use the Enterprise Manager frequently and then have quite a few tables
opened. I spend half my day (well, it feels like that anyway...) clicking
away the messageboxes "Do you want to continue working with this resultset"
and "the pane has been cleared to save resources".
I understand why SQLServer 2000 wants to do this, I just don't want those
messageboxes popping up in my face every other minute... is there a way to
tell the EM that *** for the rest of my life ***
I don't want to continue working with any resultset until I run the query
again? It would be a lifesaver for me!
Thanks!
> is there a way to tell the EM that *** for the rest of my life ***
Not that I am aware of.
Why not start using Query Analyzer? It is a better development tool. It
does not ask if you want to continue working with the resultset. It will
not introduce locks on tables.
Keith
"R. van Laake" <nospam_r.vanlaake@.dfk.nl> wrote in message
news:42401222$0$22142$d456229f@.news.routit.net...
> Hi,
> I use the Enterprise Manager frequently and then have quite a few tables
> opened. I spend half my day (well, it feels like that anyway...) clicking
> away the messageboxes "Do you want to continue working with this
resultset"
> and "the pane has been cleared to save resources".
> I understand why SQLServer 2000 wants to do this, I just don't want those
> messageboxes popping up in my face every other minute... is there a way
to
> tell the EM that *** for the rest of my life ***
> I don't want to continue working with any resultset until I run the query
> again? It would be a lifesaver for me!
> Thanks!
>
>
|||Thanks for the answer; but I also use the QA. The two programs work very
well in conjunction with each other; the EM gives a good head view of the
database, and a quick look into the tables. If it weren't for those annoying
popup's of course....
"Keith Kratochvil" <sqlguy.back2u@.comcast.net> wrote in message
news:e1BiZ5tLFHA.3336@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Not that I am aware of.
> Why not start using Query Analyzer? It is a better development tool. It
> does not ask if you want to continue working with the resultset. It will
> not introduce locks on tables.
> --
> Keith
>
> "R. van Laake" <nospam_r.vanlaake@.dfk.nl> wrote in message
> news:42401222$0$22142$d456229f@.news.routit.net...
clicking[vbcol=seagreen]
> resultset"
those[vbcol=seagreen]
> to
query
>

No comments:

Post a Comment