Friday, February 24, 2012

Enterprise Manager Can Not Connect to a Named Instance

I installed a new named instance of sql server on a machine called faoweb2k0
4. There are three instances on this machine: default, afosrio, & afosrio2
(which I can not connect to).
Any suggestions? aforio2 does not show up in the enterprise manager when I
select the option [New SQL Server Registration...]Interesting...
Are the services associated with those other instances running?
Rick Sawtell
MCT, MCSD, MCDBA|||"sjsnraets" wrote:

> I installed a new named instance of sql server on a machine called faoweb2
k04. There are three instances on this machine: default, afosrio, & afosrio
2 (which I can not connect to).
> Any suggestions? aforio2 does not show up in the enterprise manager when I select
the option [New SQL Server Registration...]
Start the New SQL Server Registration wizard
Type server name inmediatelly to available servers field (server name\aforio
2) and click on add button. Click next ...
If server instance is running, the registration will be completed. (not need
visible in list)
Andras Jakus
MCDBA

No comments:

Post a Comment