Friday, February 24, 2012

Enterprise Manager and Query Analyser Hang-up

When I use the Query Analyser, I can view the data in one table. But if I
insert a row to the table, the Query Analyser hangs up. If I want to drop an
index from that table using the Enterprise Manager, it hangs up too. All the
other tables work fine. How can I solve it? Thanks.Joe
Drop/Create INDEX requres page lock and hence nobody is available to use the
table till transaction will be commited. In fact Iwould do that by EM
because it has lots of lacks.
When you insert a row into the table check out that the table does not have
a trigger which may hangs up the application.
"Joe" <Joe@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:FE0761E8-C157-4A45-BDB9-C7A4FDD63424@.microsoft.com...
> When I use the Query Analyser, I can view the data in one table. But if I
> insert a row to the table, the Query Analyser hangs up. If I want to drop
an
> index from that table using the Enterprise Manager, it hangs up too. All
the
> other tables work fine. How can I solve it? Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment