Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enterprise Manager Connection Issues

Hello,
I am having trouble connecting from enterprise
manager to a sql 2000 box. I can connect to all of our
other production boxes. This is a new box that we built
and I cannot connect. When I go to register it in
Enterprise Manager the error message says "Driver Not
Capable". I'm not sure exactly what this means. All I'm
trying to do is connect to the box. Is there a driver
either on my local laptop or on the server side that
isn't set up right or maybe needs to be updated? I can
open up the database locally on the server and I can
register other servers on it and have that server
registered to other servers. I know other people on my
team are not able to connect to it as well, so I know
it's not just me. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.
-Craig CoffaroHello -
The error message "Driver not capable" indicates the problem
to be with the SQL driver. Check the registry entry
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST
.INI
Check the driver location in the above registry entry. Check for
SQLsrv32.dll version. If the registry location is pointing to incorrect
file, change it and make it point to the correct one.
Have you installed Crystal reports after installing SQL server?
Regards,
Chandra
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
"Craig Coffaro" <craig.coffaro@.kroger.com> wrote in message
news:902d01c4052c$5d59e990$a501280a@.phx.gbl...
> Hello,
> I am having trouble connecting from enterprise
> manager to a sql 2000 box. I can connect to all of our
> other production boxes. This is a new box that we built
> and I cannot connect. When I go to register it in
> Enterprise Manager the error message says "Driver Not
> Capable". I'm not sure exactly what this means. All I'm
> trying to do is connect to the box. Is there a driver
> either on my local laptop or on the server side that
> isn't set up right or maybe needs to be updated? I can
> open up the database locally on the server and I can
> register other servers on it and have that server
> registered to other servers. I know other people on my
> team are not able to connect to it as well, so I know
> it's not just me. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.
> -Craig Coffaro|||Chandra,
Yes I did install Crystal Reports 6 last week and ever since then
I have had problems with my SQL connections. Thanks for the advice and
I will give this a try. Thanks again.
Craig
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||Chandra,
One other question I have is when I go to the registry:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHNE\Software\ODBC\ODBCINST
.INI and I go down to SQL Server
I see in the window on the right, Driver and Setup both have the same
path with the sqlsrv32.dll in it. I also see DrverODBCver being
03.50...what exactly am I looking for or what do I need to be doing
witht this info? Is there a version of the ODBC driver that I should be
updating? Where exactly can I find this? Or is it the path
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\sqlsrv32.dll that is the problem, if this is the
problem what path should it be? How does the installation of Crystal
Reports affect SQL? Any help you have for me Chandra is greatly
apprecaited. Thanks.
-Craig Coffaro
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.examnotes.net ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!|||I'm not clear on what your question is. Do you need to find the version of
MDAC? If so, you can download the MDAC Component Checker from
microsoft.com/downloads.
Cindy Gross, MCDBA, MCSE
http://cindygross.tripod.com
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment