Friday, February 24, 2012

Enterprise Manager Cannot Display Table Records or Run Query

I have a new installation of SQL Server 2000 Dev Edition on a Win2K3 Standard Edition Server that I used for development. I just set this machine up in th last week and installed all Win2K3 patches and then installed SQL2K and SP3a. I have a single named instance. I just noticed today that I cannot view table data or use the Query part of EM. When I right click a table and select Open Table->Return All Rows it gives me an error dialog "An unexpected error happened during this operation". While the EM is diplaying this dialog the EM screen looks like Internet Explorer and says "Action Canceled - You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you supplied." I believe that this is a EM issue as I cannot view table content on other remote server. ANy ideas? Might this be an IE security patch disallowing some connectivity ?

--Frank

--
Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com"Frank Rizzo via SQLMonster.com" <forum@.SQLMonster.com> wrote in message
news:08f32b66479d4ddcbe5ab7a876ff377d@.SQLMonster.c om...
>I have a new installation of SQL Server 2000 Dev Edition on a Win2K3
>Standard Edition Server that I used for development. I just set this
>machine up in th last week and installed all Win2K3 patches and then
>installed SQL2K and SP3a. I have a single named instance. I just noticed
>today that I cannot view table data or use the Query part of EM. When I
>right click a table and select Open Table->Return All Rows it gives me an
>error dialog "An unexpected error happened during this operation". While
>the EM is diplaying this dialog the EM screen looks like Internet Explorer
>and says "Action Canceled - You might not have permission to view this
>directory or page using the credentials you supplied." I believe that this
>is a EM issue as I cannot view table content on other remote server. ANy
>ideas? Might this be an IE security patch disallowing some connectivity ?
> --Frank
> --
> Message posted via http://www.sqlmonster.com

A number of people seem to have had similar issues - if you Google the
newsgroups, you'll see that the usual response is to reinstall either the
MSSQL client tools (including SP3a) and/or the latest MDAC version.
Unfortunately, it doesn't always seem to solve the problem.

Simon

No comments:

Post a Comment