Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enterprise Manager error

After installing Enterprise Manager on a new HP laptop running XP Pro sp2, I get the following error message when to trying to "Return all rows" from a table. "Provider cannot be found. It may not be properly installed."

Everything I read on the internet says to install or reinstall Jet 4.0 sp8, but this has not solved the problem. I've also installed the latest MDAC...MDAC 2.8 SP1 on Windows XP SP2, and ran the compchecker, everthing checks out ok. Any ideas?

Thanks
T.C.

I have a new Sony VAIO laptop and am running XP Pro sp2 and get the same error when trying to open a table in any database.

I just installed SQL2000 sp4 hoping the error would go away...it didn't.

Did your problem ever get resolved?|||

Hello,

I had searched through Google and Microsoft website for the error message. I find a few matches. You could try the solution suggested in http://www.sqlteam.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=44561. Another link with suggestion from alleged Microsoft online support is http://www.mcse.ms/message201860.html. It could be due to MDAC issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment