Sunday, February 26, 2012

Enterprise Manager Error

Hi All
I am running into an error in Enterprise Manager on SQL 2000 SP3a
I added 6 databases to a server bring the total database count to 16
Once I added the 6 databases to the server the databases woul
not display in EM. The databases just dissapeared. However
If I tried to view the databases from with DbArtisan I did not have a probem
Also, If I tried to use Query Analyzer the databases were visible
Is there a limit within EM on the number of databases it will display
I Beleive this is a bug in EM. Has anybody encountered this problem.Its certainly not 16 :-) I take it you tried closing EM and reopening it ?
Do the databases have any non alphanumeric characters in them ? Do you have
the latest service pack on your client pc ?
--
HTH
Jasper Smith (SQL Server MVP)
I support PASS - the definitive, global
community for SQL Server professionals -
http://www.sqlpass.org
"Victor Flores" <vflores@.dot.state.tx.us> wrote in message
news:BCA07EB4-0BDF-4341-AF0A-AEDBA001DEFC@.microsoft.com...
> Hi All,
> I am running into an error in Enterprise Manager on SQL 2000 SP3a.
> I added 6 databases to a server bring the total database count to 16.
> Once I added the 6 databases to the server the databases would
> not display in EM. The databases just dissapeared. However,
> If I tried to view the databases from with DbArtisan I did not have a
probem.
> Also, If I tried to use Query Analyzer the databases were visible.
> Is there a limit within EM on the number of databases it will display.
> I Beleive this is a bug in EM. Has anybody encountered this problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment