Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager and Licensing

Dear all
I've had difficulty finding any reference to this on Microsoft's site.
I have a copy of SQL Server installed on a server. I use he Enterprise
Manager, Query Analyser etc on my desktop PC.
Am I in breach of any licensing agreement if I were to install the
Enterprise Manager on more than one PC?
I look forward to hearing from you
Regards
Russell
It is my understanding that you can install the client tools on as many PCs
as you are licensed to connect from.
With that said, you probably don't want to install Enterprise Manager or
Query Analyzer on an end user's machine as these tools are geard for
developers and DBA types.
Keith
"Russell Farr" <RussellFarr@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:D578E8C5-F33C-4E93-941C-068621691098@.microsoft.com...
> Dear all
> I've had difficulty finding any reference to this on Microsoft's site.
> I have a copy of SQL Server installed on a server. I use he Enterprise
> Manager, Query Analyser etc on my desktop PC.
> Am I in breach of any licensing agreement if I were to install the
> Enterprise Manager on more than one PC?
> I look forward to hearing from you
> Regards
> Russell

No comments:

Post a Comment