Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager 7 -> SQL 2000

Is there documentation anywhere stating that SQL 7 Enterprise Manager / Query Analyzer cannot connect to a SQL 2000 server?

We are in the process of upgrading our SQL serves to SQL Server 2k (only 1 out of 10 left). We have one site that uses Query Analyzer from SQL 7 to connect and run some sql scripts, as well as Enterprise Manager.

I vaguely remember reading that you can't connect to 7 from 2k. Just need to forward on the documentation to someone...

ThanksIt worked great for me. But not 6.5.|||Originally posted by barneyrubble318
It worked great for me. But not 6.5.

Well I don't know how you did it. But, when I try to add a SQL Server 2000 Server Registration to my SQL 7 Enterprose Manager I get the following error.

A connection could not be established to SQLSERVER123 - You must upgrade your SQL Enterprise Manager and SQL DMO (SQLOLE) to SQL Server 2000 (SQLDMO) to connect to this server..|||hello,
u r Going to get an error when u r connecting thru enterprise manager,
but u donot have any problem if u connect thru query analyzer(isqlw)

pavan|||Refer to the discussion under this link. (http://www.sqlmag.com/Forums/messageview.cfm?catid=13&threadid=7478)

No comments:

Post a Comment