Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager 2/ Me 0

Oi! Not that anyone will ever see this post again - but it was McAfee's
Entercept Agent causing the problem - the version we had apparently didn't
like comments (!) in stored procedures, and when it came across one, would
destabilize the server and cause it to crash (v 42.58)..... the latest
version (42.59) fixed the problem.
"B@.DJJ" wrote:

> Ahoy All!
> Say I come in, bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed in the AM and say "Hey! I thi
nk
> I'll add a field to a table this Bright and Glorious morning!" so I fire u
p
> Enterprise Manager (v 2.0) with the SQL Enterprise Manager (v 8.0) (runnin
g
> on XP SP2 hitting a SQL Server 2000 SP4 DB running on W2k3 Server) and go
to
> design view, add my tiny little field (this time an int, default 0), click
> Apply, click Yes Please (actually OK), and then, lo and behold, I get this
> little gem:
> 17310 :
> SqlDumpExceptionHandler: Process 848 generated fatal exception c0000005
> EXCEPTION_ACCESS_VIOLATION. SQL Server is terminating this process.
> No further access via EM or QA at that point.
> So I stop the SQLService on the server, count to 10 and sprinkle a little
> pixie dust about, restart the SQLService, and voila! sometimes my field i
s
> in the table, sometimes it isn't, and if it isn't, I add it in, click Appl
y,
> click Yes Please, and double-viola! It works like a charm - then, for the
> rest of the day, all is well (can add fields, update sprocs, modify trigge
rs,
> you-name-it).
> Any thoughts and suggestions would be appreciated. Haven't tried it via Q
A,
> though, next time I think I'll give 'er a whirl.
> Thanks
>Simply ridiculous.
ML
http://milambda.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment