Sunday, February 19, 2012

enterprise manager - showing all databases

hi,

I was wondering about a way so that only those databases are shown to a user who has access to them and NOT all databases when s/he expands "Databases" node in enterprise manager.

Since it is by design of enterprise manager therefore it is not possible to hide other databases in EM. Is there anyother tool/ wrapper available for the same functionality?

The need for this arises when one wants to access a database on a shared ISP server containing hundreds of databases and due to slowness of link, connection times out.

regards,
Faisal HaroonIF the pertaining user doesn't have any access to those database then they cannot open them.

But its not possible to restrict the user to view the database names using EM.

I feel there are third party tools available, but you need to test before use.|||I haven't tested this recently, but I thought that the default behavior of SQL-EM (Enterprise Mangler) was to show only the databases that the current login can access. More than once I've had users express surprise because my EM shows lots of things that theirs does not.

I'll have to check this!

-PatP|||Never trust GUI tools...:eek:|||Originally posted by Satya
Never trust GUI tools...:eek: Oh heavens, GUI tools are lovely things for end users. I don't generally trust GUI tools as far as I can throw the building that the run in for my own use, but the users do like them!

-PatP

No comments:

Post a Comment