Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise manager and packages

Good day

I'm experiencing the following problem with Microsoft's Enterprise Manager:
When trying to open a package to edit it I get an error stating that the Server does not exists. However people connecting from another computer can use Enterprise Manager to open packages.

When I try to create a connection within a new package and I specify the server's name I get the same error however using 127.0.0.1 or localhost I do not get this error.

Please help

ThanxBecause 127.0.0.1 and (localhost) work fine, it would appear that your problem lies with WINS and/or DNS. My first guess would be a problem in your lmhosts (http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;314884) file (on your machine), probably an incorrect entry for the machine itself.

Try to ping your own machine (substituting you machine name instead of myhost) using:ping myhost -a-PatP|||Is your network library correctly in SQL client utilities ? You must have TCP/IP and/or Named pipes.

No comments:

Post a Comment