Sunday, February 19, 2012

Enterprise Manager ... inserting <NULL> value.

What is the keyboard shortcut for entering a <NULL> into a database field from within the Enterprise Manager? I've done it before, but can't remember it for the life of me! Also, is there a query that I can use to insert <NULL> in place of ''?Run...as fast as you can ...away from EM...

Just don't put anything in there....

EDIT: It's [CTRL]+0|||Originally posted by Brett Kaiser
It's [CTRL]+0 Thanks!|||Now do yourself a favor and stop using EM and start using QA|||I'm a SQL newbie ... forgive my ignorance. I find it easier to use EM since it's graphical and I can enter/edit information on screen vs. writing queries. Since this DB is in development, this doesn't pose any locking issues.|||Well, if you learn to do it right while you're developing, when you go to production you will have a set of tools for troubleshooting data that you will find yourself going to EM to do otherwise.

You really shouldn't use EM ever for any reason. We continually tell people that because basically the tool sucks. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment