Friday, February 24, 2012

Enterprise Manager Availability

Hi there,
I currently have SQL7 installed on a webserver, and have the Enterprise
Manager installed on my desktop. I have just purchased another dedicated
server but this one has SQL2000. Since the host installed SQL2000 I do
not have install disks so can not install Enterprise Manager.
When I tried to connect with my Enterprise Manager to the new SQL2000
manager I am told I need another version.
Is the SQL2000 version available for download anywhere?
SteveNo (not regarding any eval version). You need to get a media containing
the EM from your hoster, or use one of the free admin tools:
http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2442
HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.|||Jens wrote:
> No (not regarding any eval version). You need to get a media containing
> the EM from your hoster, or use one of the free admin tools:
> http://www.aspfaq.com/show.asp?id=2442
> HTH, Jens Suessmeyer.
>
Hi Jens,
Thanks for your help, I thought that may be the case. I remember
downloading an eval of SQL7 some years ago and I could install EM from
that. Is this not the case anymore?
Steve|||As an off the wall work around, get either a CTP for SS2005 or wait a couple
of weeks and get the production version. I have the June CTP and it connects
to SS2K fine. It is the future anyway.
--
Joseph R.P. Maloney, CSP,CCP,CDP
"Dooza" wrote:

> Hi there,
> I currently have SQL7 installed on a webserver, and have the Enterprise
> Manager installed on my desktop. I have just purchased another dedicated
> server but this one has SQL2000. Since the host installed SQL2000 I do
> not have install disks so can not install Enterprise Manager.
> When I tried to connect with my Enterprise Manager to the new SQL2000
> manager I am told I need another version.
> Is the SQL2000 version available for download anywhere?
> Steve
>|||jrpm wrote:
> As an off the wall work around, get either a CTP for SS2005 or wait a coup
le
> of weeks and get the production version. I have the June CTP and it connec
ts
> to SS2K fine. It is the future anyway.
What is a CTP?
Steve|||Community Technical Preview of SQL Server 2005.
Jens Suessmeyer.|||Jens wrote:
> Community Technical Preview of SQL Server 2005.
> Jens Suessmeyer.
>
Ah, right, I see. Thanks for the info.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment