Friday, February 17, 2012

Enterprise Manager

I've got SQL Server 2000 tools-only installed on my desktop and have a
bunch of servers registered within Enterprise Manager. Every time I
connect to one of my registered servers then right-click and select
Properties, Enterprise Manager closes on me. I never receive an error,
it just closes. As far as I know, I've applied all the same service
packs and hotfixes to my tools-only install as we have on each of the
servers so versions should be the same.
What can I do to resolve this?
Toni
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
I have not experienced this error. Are the servers SQL7 (not that this
should matter)? If you have not applied SQL Server 2000 SP3 on your client
system you might want to do that. It will update a few binaries. Perhaps
this will help solve your problem.
Keith
"Toni" <teibner@.nospam.allina.com> wrote in message
news:%239749jDuEHA.2596@.TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> I've got SQL Server 2000 tools-only installed on my desktop and have a
> bunch of servers registered within Enterprise Manager. Every time I
> connect to one of my registered servers then right-click and select
> Properties, Enterprise Manager closes on me. I never receive an error,
> it just closes. As far as I know, I've applied all the same service
> packs and hotfixes to my tools-only install as we have on each of the
> servers so versions should be the same.
> What can I do to resolve this?
> Toni
> *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
> Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!
|||The registered servers are both SQL 7 and SQL 2000. I've already
applied the latest patches (sp3a + ms03-031 and KB826161). Any other
ideas (other than just deal with it or call Microsoft)?
Thanks.
Toni
*** Sent via Developersdex http://www.codecomments.com ***
Don't just participate in USENET...get rewarded for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment