Friday, February 17, 2012

Enterprise Manager

Hi:
I'm not sure if its called Enterprise manager in SQL 2005 but I'm trying to
find a tool that would allow me to see all of the databases so I can set the
"autogrowth" value in the ONEPOINT database which is used by Microsoft
Operations Manager. I've looked all over after installing SQL 2005 and
cannot find it or any tool that would allow me to make changes to the
databases configuration.
Do I need to install another component?
Thanks,
Charles
The replacement for Enterprise Manager is called "SQL Server Management Studio". You find it in the
SQL Server program group, provided you installed it in the first place. If you didn't, you can run
setup and install it.
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi
"Charles" <Charles@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:9A2FDED2-74C7-498E-808F-52946E127576@.microsoft.com...
> Hi:
> I'm not sure if its called Enterprise manager in SQL 2005 but I'm trying to
> find a tool that would allow me to see all of the databases so I can set the
> "autogrowth" value in the ONEPOINT database which is used by Microsoft
> Operations Manager. I've looked all over after installing SQL 2005 and
> cannot find it or any tool that would allow me to make changes to the
> databases configuration.
> Do I need to install another component?
> Thanks,
> Charles
|||Thaks Tibor but I am still having problems getting the Enterprise Manager to
install. I get to the Componets to Install screen and
1) check the "Workstation components, Books Online and development tools" box.
2) Click Advanced.
3) Then I expand "Client Components. Then I make sure all under client
components are selected to make sure I got it.
4) Then I click next next
5) Eventually it gets to a dialogue box called "Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Setup" and it says: There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard.
You may review the setup logs and/or click the help button for more
information.
It never installs it. Is there a way just to copy over the program? I've
tried this several times and just can't get it to install.
Thanks,
Charles
"Tibor Karaszi" wrote:

> The replacement for Enterprise Manager is called "SQL Server Management Studio". You find it in the
> SQL Server program group, provided you installed it in the first place. If you didn't, you can run
> setup and install it.
> --
> Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
> http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
> http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi
>
> "Charles" <Charles@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:9A2FDED2-74C7-498E-808F-52946E127576@.microsoft.com...
>
|||> Thaks Tibor but I am still having problems getting the Enterprise Manager to
> install.
Just to be clear: The replacement tool in 2005 is called 'SQL Server Management Studio".

> 5) Eventually it gets to a dialogue box called "Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> Setup" and it says: There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard.
I guess you have to troubleshoot this error. Perhaps try the .setup group? Or open a case with MS...
Tibor Karaszi, SQL Server MVP
http://www.karaszi.com/sqlserver/default.asp
http://sqlblog.com/blogs/tibor_karaszi
"Charles" <Charles@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:1B7125FD-513B-4D2C-8C0D-A661FCD86C62@.microsoft.com...[vbcol=seagreen]
> Thaks Tibor but I am still having problems getting the Enterprise Manager to
> install. I get to the Componets to Install screen and
> 1) check the "Workstation components, Books Online and development tools" box.
> 2) Click Advanced.
> 3) Then I expand "Client Components. Then I make sure all under client
> components are selected to make sure I got it.
> 4) Then I click next next
> 5) Eventually it gets to a dialogue box called "Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> Setup" and it says: There was an unexpected failure during the setup wizard.
> You may review the setup logs and/or click the help button for more
> information.
> It never installs it. Is there a way just to copy over the program? I've
> tried this several times and just can't get it to install.
> Thanks,
> Charles
>
> "Tibor Karaszi" wrote:
|||> 5) Eventually it gets to a dialogue box called "Microsoft SQL Server 2005
> Setup" and it says: There was an unexpected failure during the setup
> wizard.
> You may review the setup logs and/or click the help button for more
> information.
We can't help if we can't see the error that was in the setup log. Even
then, unless you have come across a common issue, it is likely an issue for
MS to help resolve.

> It never installs it. Is there a way just to copy over the program?
No, you can't just copy the .exe, there are plenty of dependencies and
requirements for it to run correctly.
A

No comments:

Post a Comment