Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enterprise log in issue

I am using SQL 2000 developer edition and all has been
working fine, until today. In Entrprise manager I can
not log into my local database however I can log into a
remote one. Additionally my local development
applications can access data and function fine they all
use SQL server authentaction.
In enterprise manager whenI try to log in I get the
following message-
Log In Filed for user "name"
please verify your SQL Server is running and check ....
I am sure you all get the idea.
I have tried everything and changed nothing, particularly
any passwords.
Any ideas?
Don
Hi,
Can you try re-registering the Enterprise manager using SQl Authentication
and try connecting. You could
also try connecting to sql server using Query Analyzer.
Since you are able to connect to the application which is accessing the same
sql server , I hope
there will not be any major issue. Still verify the sql server error logs in
\sql server prgram directory\log
Thanks
Hari
MCDBA
"Don Stull" <dstull1@.msn.com> wrote in message
news:OjUiIXMeEHA.2908@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> I am using SQL 2000 developer edition and all has been
> working fine, until today. In Entrprise manager I can
> not log into my local database however I can log into a
> remote one. Additionally my local development
> applications can access data and function fine they all
> use SQL server authentaction.
> In enterprise manager whenI try to log in I get the
> following message-
> Log In Filed for user "name"
> please verify your SQL Server is running and check ....
> I am sure you all get the idea.
> I have tried everything and changed nothing, particularly
> any passwords.
> Any ideas?
> Don
>

No comments:

Post a Comment