Friday, February 17, 2012

enterprise manager

Hi all,
I have setup a new test server running sql2k sp3 on sbs2003. I have my
client machine which is just running sql2k on windows 2000. Is it safe to
use enterprise manager on my machine (no sp installed) to connect to the
sql2k sp3 server? Or is it recommended I install sp3 on mine too?
thanks!It is ideal to have your client utilitys at SP3 level also as there are
changes to the SQL-DMO dlls etc. which SEM uses
"RP" <rp@.nospam.com> wrote in message
news:eljLjGiIEHA.1944@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
> Hi all,
> I have setup a new test server running sql2k sp3 on sbs2003. I have my
> client machine which is just running sql2k on windows 2000. Is it safe to
> use enterprise manager on my machine (no sp installed) to connect to the
> sql2k sp3 server? Or is it recommended I install sp3 on mine too?
> thanks!
>|||Hi Kathy,
There's a very simple workaround for the scripting error you're
encountering in Enterprise Manager.
Just right-click on the DB, click view, then click list to display the
DB objects. Go back, right-click on the DB, click view, then click
Taskpad. It will reset the web interface and it'll work again.
Yes, another stupid bug in MSSQL SQL Server.
Best Regards,
Chuck Lee
chucksql@.hotmail.com
chucklee
---
Posted via http://www.mcse.ms
---
View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message205074.html

No comments:

Post a Comment