Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enterprise ETL "Appliance"

At least one company has developed such a product. Here's a link: http://www.dataintegrityinstitute.com/copula.htm

I am interested to read your thoughts on this.

DISCLAIMER: I don't work for the aforementioned company and don't benefit from them in any way.

this website looks suspicious to me. sry, i don′t think these guys are reliable.|||Duane,
Please tie this post back to SSIS, or it will get deleted. This is an SSIS forum, not a bulletin-board.|||

Phil Brammer wrote:

Duane,
Please tie this post back to SSIS, or it will get deleted. This is an SSIS forum, not a bulletin-board.

Ok. My understanding is that ETL appliances are the wave of the future and that many of these devices work with ETL software tools. Considering that SSIS is an ETL software tool, I am curious as to whether SSIS can work in tandem with such devices. In as much as this is a forum dedicated to SSIS, I believe that any discussion regarding the role of SSIS in the marketplace is indeed relevant to this forum. Since many of the people who visit this forum work in an ETL capacity, I believe that this topic would be of considerable interest to them. I believe that this forum wasn't intended to be strictly focused on SSIS. But rather that this forum was intended to serve an audience who are interested in using SSIS in their overall technical solutions.

If you disagree with anything that I've stated, please feel free to post a reply to that effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment