Friday, February 17, 2012

Enterprise Manager

Hi all,

I am an IT student just getting aquainted with Sequel Server. I downloaded a trial version of 2005, and am having trouble finding Enterprise Manager(which my book tells me I need to use for implementing a database). All I really need to do is learn how to design and implement database tables, with their keys and relationships, and populate them to practice querys. Can anyone help me find the applicable portion of the 2005 environment to do this? I don't have a server to hook to, just my laptop.

Thank You!

Jimbo

First of all you need to download .. downloadable version of SQL Server 2005 ie. SQL Server 2005 Express. the trialo version you mentioned is SQL Server express then its ok... Second thing is there is no more Enterprise Manager in SQL Server 2005 .. not the Tool is Called SQL Server Management Studio(SSMS) .. with lot of enhancement. So while instaling , you must choose "WorkStation Components" to get SSMS it installed.

if you are not installed sql server experss .. you can download it from this link

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=220549b5-0b07-4448-8848-dcc397514b41&displaylang=en

If you already have SQL Server 2005 cd then while installing choose the Workstation components as i mentioned earlier

Madhu

|||

Hi,

I've been trying to get this working as well so I can brush up on my skills but can't get at the Management Studio. I didn't see any workstation component options when I was installing it. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Very simply please!

Cheers

Chris

|||The "normal" edition of SQL Server Express does not ship with any client components. You will either have to separately download the client components on [1] opr install the advanced edition from [2].

[1] http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65110
[2] http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=65109

Jens K. Suessmeyer.

http://www.sqlserver2005.de
|||

Hi all,

I actually found a downloadable version of SQL Server 2000 that is serving the purpose for class quite well. Thank you for letting me know about the Express versions of 2005. I wish our class was using that one instead, it makes sense to me to use the version that is more up to date.

Have a great day!

JImbo

No comments:

Post a Comment