Friday, February 17, 2012

Enterprise Manager - problem

I have a problem with Enterprise Manager - when I refresh list of tables or
databases it hangs (is not responding) for long time - about 10-30 minutes.
What is more important during my refreshement users are unable to work
normally - it hangs entire server.
Some other details:
1. I am only dbo of one database with no administrative privilges.
2. There are no problems with Query Analyzer
3. Problem is related to one particular server - I don't have these
difficulties with my local instance of SQL Server.
Is there any solution of this problem?
Cheers.Hi,
EM is a flaky toool it does so many things behind scens more recemended
method is to use QA instead of EM , you have to ensure latest service pack
and mdac version . and please refer article :
http://vyaskn.tripod.com/sql_enterp...er_or_t-sql.htm
HTH
Regards
--
Andy Davis
Activecrypt Team
---
SQL Server Encryption Software
http://www.activecrypt.com
"Mr Curious" wrote:

> I have a problem with Enterprise Manager - when I refresh list of tables o
r
> databases it hangs (is not responding) for long time - about 10-30 minutes
.
> What is more important during my refreshement users are unable to work
> normally - it hangs entire server.
> Some other details:
> 1. I am only dbo of one database with no administrative privilges.
> 2. There are no problems with Query Analyzer
> 3. Problem is related to one particular server - I don't have these
> difficulties with my local instance of SQL Server.
>
> Is there any solution of this problem?
> Cheers.
>
>

No comments:

Post a Comment