Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enterprise Edition doesnt install the SQL server instance.

I am trying to install the SQL Server 2005 Enterprise Edition, but on the components selection page, the only options I can check are Sample Book/Docs and Tools(Business Intelligence Studio, SQL Management Studio).

Even on the advanced page, those are the only options. Everything runs with no problem, except the SQL server instance.

I checked on the SQL Server Configuration Manager, and it does not show any SQL instances installed.

I tried adding a new instance using the add/remove>change for Microsoft SQL Server 2005 by selecting the setup.exe file in the Enterprise CD, but the it has the same options. If I select the setup.exe file from my Workgroup Edition CD, the option for adding new instances works.

What should I Do?

Cant I add SQL server instances using the Enterprise Edition? I was unable to install even the first instance.

The computer I am using meets all requirements and no SQL versions have been installed yet.

Thanks for the help.

go to the tools and servers folders respectively and install the components individually,.....dunno if it works just a surmise.....also you can refer this link might be useful........

http://dumthata.com/sqlchn/articles/install/insql.htm

|||

Enterprise Edition REQUIRES a server OS.

As you can see from the chart on this page, it does NOT install on Windows XP or VISTA.

No comments:

Post a Comment