Friday, February 17, 2012

Enterprise Manager - Meta Data Error

When trying to browse my meta data repository in EM, i
get the following error:
Internet Explorer Script Error
Line: 1
Char: 138
Error: Cannot use parentheses when calling a sub
Code: 0
URL: res://C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20SQL%20Server\80
\Tools\Binn\Resources\1033\sqlmmc.rll/repgeneral.htm
Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
--
After answering yes, you are taken to the next screen and
are not able to update information in the Description and
Comments fields. Everyone else in my group has this
problem too. SQL 2000, sp3. IE 6 sp 1. Now, If i go to
an old machine with SQL 2000 sp 3, IE 5, then I can use
this page with no problems.
Has anyone else run into this. Does Microsoft have a
fix? What should I do other than uninstall IE 6 and
install IE 5. <-- Doesn't sound like a good solution to
me.
Thanks.There's probably a better answer to this, but...
this sounds similair to an issue when using taskpad view. You sometimes get
a similiar message...
in that case if you switch to "large fonts" view and then back to task pad
it works. You might try that. Sorry this wasn't more helpful...
--
Brian
"Brian Mitchell" <brianwmitchell@.hotamail.com> wrote in message
news:059d01c38d9b$976e9580$a001280a@.phx.gbl...
> When trying to browse my meta data repository in EM, i
> get the following error:
> Internet Explorer Script Error
> Line: 1
> Char: 138
> Error: Cannot use parentheses when calling a sub
> Code: 0
> URL: res://C:\Program%20Files\Microsoft%20SQL%20Server\80
> \Tools\Binn\Resources\1033\sqlmmc.rll/repgeneral.htm
> Do you want to continue running scripts on this page?
> --
> After answering yes, you are taken to the next screen and
> are not able to update information in the Description and
> Comments fields. Everyone else in my group has this
> problem too. SQL 2000, sp3. IE 6 sp 1. Now, If i go to
> an old machine with SQL 2000 sp 3, IE 5, then I can use
> this page with no problems.
> Has anyone else run into this. Does Microsoft have a
> fix? What should I do other than uninstall IE 6 and
> install IE 5. <-- Doesn't sound like a good solution to
> me.
> Thanks.|||That is exactly what I was hoping for. I, like everyone
else, have dealt with that annoying problem for a while
now. When I saw the large icons tip in SQL Server Mag a
couple months ago, I rejoiced.
Problem is, that does not help here. It seems obvious to
me that this is a bug that has been introduced by either
IE 6, a service pack, or a security patch.
I know a couple other people have seen this problem. You
will find them if you do a google search. No one has
come up with an answer to it yet though.

No comments:

Post a Comment