Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Enterpirise Manager Help

I need to know what tables in a particular database have been updated. The
Enterpirise manager only displays the creation date and not when the table
was updated. If their any way of finding this out?..
Thanks
OK, I've just read that you cant do that so the problem I have is this;
I have a DB with around 80 tables which only 20-30 are used on a daily
basis. I created a snapshot of all tables so thats not a problem.
What I want to know is when my subscriber has new data (merge) will it
automaticly push that data (table) to my distributor/publisher or does it
have to be triggered.
I'm new to this so please be patient.
Many thanks
""confused"" wrote:

> I need to know what tables in a particular database have been updated. The
> Enterpirise manager only displays the creation date and not when the table
> was updated. If their any way of finding this out?..
>
> Thanks
|||When the subscriber changes the data at the subscriber, it gets recorded in
metadata tables. These tables are read by the merge agent which then applies
the changes to the publisher. IE the data only flows upstream when the merge
agent runs. If this is continuously, this'll be usually within a minute;
alternatively it might be set to run on a schedule - you have to look at the
job to see how it is set.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
|||Hi Paul,
Thanks for the reply.
Another question I have is why do I have hundreds of 'tsvw_xxxxx' and
'ctsv_xxx' views. Also 'sp_selxxxxx', 'sp_updxxxxx' and 'sp_insxxxx' in the
stored procedure area??. What purpose are these files or do I have to
delete them manually.
Many thanks
"Paul Ibison" wrote:

> When the subscriber changes the data at the subscriber, it gets recorded in
> metadata tables. These tables are read by the merge agent which then applies
> the changes to the publisher. IE the data only flows upstream when the merge
> agent runs. If this is continuously, this'll be usually within a minute;
> alternatively it might be set to run on a schedule - you have to look at the
> job to see how it is set.
> Cheers,
> Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .
>
>
|||The stored procedures 'sp_selxxxxx', 'sp_updxxxxx' and 'sp_insxxxx' etc are
all used by the distribution agent in transactional replication. When an
update occurs on the publisher, this is replicated (by default) as a call to
execute the 'sp_updxxxxx' procedure on the subscriber. The views " tsvw_"
are used internally by the merge engine. When I'm removing replication
completely from a database and some procedures/views remain afterwards, I
delete them manually. Otherwise I'd recommend leaving them in place or
you'll have to examine each one carefully so as to not break the existing
setup.
Cheers,
Paul Ibison SQL Server MVP, www.replicationanswers.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment