Thursday, March 29, 2012

EOF transactional replication

Hi. I am going out of my mind trying to get transactional
replication working.
Currently the snapshot completes successfully, but I keep
receiving the following error when the initial snapshot
is being applied:
String data, right truncation
(Source: SERVER01 (ODBC); Error number: 22001)
---
String data, right truncation
(Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver(ODBC); Error number:
22001)
---
Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file
(Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver (ODBC); Error number:
S1000)
I have added columns to both the source and destination
to make sure that are sequenced and match perfectly (data
types and null values - everything I can think of)
Using SEM I have been able to use the DTS Export/Import
Wizard to Import into the destination table without any
problems.
Does anybody know what could be causing this error and
how I can fix it.
Also I would really like to see the bcp out snaphot file
to view the contents. How can this been done? Do I need
to add any parameters to the bcp file?
I am at a complete loss... does anyone know how to fix
this, or what could possibly be causing the problem?
Thanks,
Marcy| Hi. I am going out of my mind trying to get transactional
| replication working.
|
| Currently the snapshot completes successfully, but I keep
| receiving the following error when the initial snapshot
| is being applied:
|
| String data, right truncation
| (Source: SERVER01 (ODBC); Error number: 22001)
| ---
| String data, right truncation
| (Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver(ODBC); Error number:
| 22001)
| ---
| Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file
| (Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver (ODBC); Error number:
| S1000)
--
What level of MDAC are you on? Update to the latest MDAC version and see
how you go.
Hope this helps,
--
Eric Cárdenas
SQL Server support|||Right now both servers are on:
Windows 2000
SQL Server Standard Edition
SP3 MDAC Version 2.71.9030.9
You sure this could be the problem?
If so, why?
Thanks,
Marcy
>--Original Message--
>| Hi. I am going out of my mind trying to get transactional >| replication working.
>| >| Currently the snapshot completes successfully, but I keep >| receiving the following error when the initial snapshot >| is being applied:
>| >| String data, right truncation
>| (Source: SERVER01 (ODBC); Error number: 22001)
>| ---
>| String data, right truncation
>| (Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver(ODBC); Error number: >| 22001)
>| ---
>| Unexpected EOF encountered in BCP data-file
>| (Source: ODBC SQL Server Driver (ODBC); Error number: >| S1000)
>--
>What level of MDAC are you on? Update to the latest MDAC version and see >how you go.
>Hope this helps,
>--
>Eric C=E1rdenas
>SQL Server support
>.
>|||| Right now both servers are on:
| Windows 2000
| SQL Server Standard Edition
| SP3
| MDAC Version 2.71.9030.9
| You sure this could be the problem?
| If so, why?
| Thanks,
| Marcy
--
Hi Marcy,
As a full time support professional, my job is to make sure that we've
covered all possibilities. I have seen mismatched or outdated MDAC files
causing this error so I pass this info to you.
There is definitely something that's corrupting your data when you do a
synch. Synch is just bcp out and bcp in behind the covers. Do you
experience the same prob when you do the bcp operations manually?
Hope this helps,
--
Eric Cárdenas
SQL Server support|||Might be a stoopid question, but...
Am I suppose to bcp out to a .txt file and then bcp in the .txt file into the table. Or is there a smarter way for me to test the bcp option manually?
Thanks!
Marcy
>--Original Message--
>| Right now both servers are on:
>| Windows 2000
>| SQL Server Standard Edition
>| SP3 >| MDAC Version 2.71.9030.9
>| You sure this could be the problem?
>| If so, why?
>| Thanks,
>| Marcy
>--
>Hi Marcy,
>As a full time support professional, my job is to make sure that we've >covered all possibilities. I have seen mismatched or outdated MDAC files >causing this error so I pass this info to you.
>There is definitely something that's corrupting your data when you do a >synch. Synch is just bcp out and bcp in behind the covers. Do you >experience the same prob when you do the bcp operations manually?
>Hope this helps,
>--
>Eric C=E1rdenas
>SQL Server support
>.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment