Thursday, March 29, 2012

EnumErrorlogs using SQLDMO

I am wanting to use the EnumErrorlogs method of the SQLServer object to
identify which of the error logs have been written to in a specified period.
I also need to be able to deploy this to any of our SQL Servers which could
all be running with different locales.
The Date column in the QueryResults output shows this but not in the date
format that I expected. My server is set to English(Australian), my default
language for my login in SQL Server is British English ... i.e. everything is
configured to return dates in the D/M/Y format. However, the date string
returned from EnumErrorlogs is in a M/D/Y format which then messes up the
remainder of my processing.
Is the result ALWAYS returned in M/D/Y ? If so then I could at least code
for that, but if it is possible for it to be in the D/M/Y format then I need
to know where this is set so that I can test for it before continuing to
process the logs.
Can anyone direct me to information about this?
I was hoping it was something to do with the current holder of the ashes (ie
you could have waited about a year for it to fix itself),
but I'm seeing the same here in the UK on totally UK Server. The description
is a bit vague in BOL , going to try a few things.
cheers,
Andy.
"MartinC" <MartinC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:79DF19A6-89D7-4464-92BF-EC7F6E6B78BB@.microsoft.com...
>I am wanting to use the EnumErrorlogs method of the SQLServer object to
> identify which of the error logs have been written to in a specified
> period.
> I also need to be able to deploy this to any of our SQL Servers which
> could
> all be running with different locales.
> The Date column in the QueryResults output shows this but not in the date
> format that I expected. My server is set to English(Australian), my
> default
> language for my login in SQL Server is British English ... i.e. everything
> is
> configured to return dates in the D/M/Y format. However, the date
> string
> returned from EnumErrorlogs is in a M/D/Y format which then messes up the
> remainder of my processing.
> Is the result ALWAYS returned in M/D/Y ? If so then I could at least
> code
> for that, but if it is possible for it to be in the D/M/Y format then I
> need
> to know where this is set so that I can test for it before continuing to
> process the logs.
> Can anyone direct me to information about this?
|||tried
- Service Account as interactive user with Brit English / UK locale
- changing / reapplying default to UK DD/MM/YY and reboot
giving up, attached is a noddy func to fix
bloody septics :-)
cheers,
Andy.
"Andy Ball" <ng@.spamno77greenfell.com> wrote in message
news:ua3F10v%23FHA.1028@.TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
>I was hoping it was something to do with the current holder of the ashes
>(ie
> you could have waited about a year for it to fix itself),
> but I'm seeing the same here in the UK on totally UK Server. The
> description
> is a bit vague in BOL , going to try a few things.
> cheers,
> Andy.
>
> "MartinC" <MartinC@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:79DF19A6-89D7-4464-92BF-EC7F6E6B78BB@.microsoft.com...
>
begin 666 ConvertErrorlogDate.txt
M( T*)R!A<R!E<G)O<FQO9R!I;B!M+V0O>2!F;W)M870@.:6X@.16YU ;45R<F]R
M3&]G<PT*1G5N8W1I;VX@.0V]N=F5R=$5R<F]R3&]G1&%T92A%<G)O<DQO9T1A
M=&4I#0H)0V]N=F5R=$5R<F]R3&]G1&%T92 ](&-3='(H36ED*$5R<F]R3&]G
M1&%T92PT+#(I("L@.(B\B("L@.;6ED*$5R<F]R3&]G1&%T92P@.,2PR*2 K("(O
J(B K(&UI9"A%<G)O<DQO9T1A=&4L(#<L,C I*0T*16YD($9U;F-T:6]N
`
end

No comments:

Post a Comment