Thursday, March 29, 2012

enumerating Foreach Loop from rowset

Please let me know if I am on the right track here.

I have an Execute SQL Task that selects multiple rows from an OLE DB connection, each row containing 3 columns (data types = string, Int32, Int32). In this task ResultSet = "Full result set" and Result Set > Result Name = 0, Variable Name = [User::viewInfo] which is a user variable with Data Type = Object.

I want to use a Foreach Loop Container to enumerate over the result set rows that are contained in the [User::viewInfo] variable described above. For each resultset row I want to breakout the 3 column values and assign them to 3 corresponding variables that can be referenced in a Data Flow in the Foreach Loop.

Current settings for the Foreach Loop Container: Collection > Enumerator = "Foreach ADO Enumerator", Collection > Enumerator Configuration > ADO object source variable = [User::viewInfo], Enumeration mode = "Rows in the first table". On the Variable Mappings page I select the 3 corresponding user variables I want the rowset column values assigned to, with indexes starting at 1 (not 0).

Thanks - Dana Reed

It sounds spot on to me Dana!

-Jamie

No comments:

Post a Comment