Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Enumerate ODBC System records

By calling CDatabase::OpenEx(NULL, CDatabase::forceODBCDialog)
you get the ODBC DSN Control panel selection screen thingy to choose from.
That screen has File, System and perhaps more tabs on them
I want to not go through that selection window, instead only enumerate the
System DSNs in my own app.
I know this info is stored in the windows registry, but I'm looking to do
this using the right way: documented API's.
Any idea ?
LisaTake a look at the SQLDataSources API. This will allow you to enumerate the
DSNs.
HTH
--
============
Frank Hickman
NobleSoft, Inc.
============
Replace the _nosp@.m_ with @. to reply.
"Lisa Pearlson" <no@.spam.plz> wrote in message
news:OjuNz$02DHA.1760@.TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
quote:

> By calling CDatabase::OpenEx(NULL, CDatabase::forceODBCDialog)
> you get the ODBC DSN Control panel selection screen thingy to choose from.
> That screen has File, System and perhaps more tabs on them
> I want to not go through that selection window, instead only enumerate the
> System DSNs in my own app.
> I know this info is stored in the windows registry, but I'm looking to do
> this using the right way: documented API's.
> Any idea ?
> Lisa
>

No comments:

Post a Comment